Wednesday, February 22, 2012

engaging

Just this week two, yes two, of my friends have announced engagements. Not to mention the one who ties her sweet knot in just a couple of weeks. I positively love weddings - and marriages, for that matter. What a wonderful blessing! I cannot wait to grab a mimosa and dish over these gorgeous girls and their plans, their dresses, their days and their sweethearts, because one thing I know is worth it is stopping to enjoy every single moment of the engagement, the wedding and, yes, even the planning. 


the work of our sweet and wonderfully talented wedding 
photographer, Michelle Young at Endearing Studios

These are, in my humble opinion, the best times of engagement: the very beginning when it's all brunches and planning and dreaming and giggling, and the very end when the anticipation is so delicious and the future so unrevealed but so promising. 


All this talk just reminds me of our engagement and wedding. I'm so truly lucky to have those memories with such wonderful friends and such a wonderful man - and happy for an excuse to reminisce.

1 comment:

  1. SO GLAD that you are blogging again! I love reading anything you write. :)

    ReplyDelete