Wednesday, February 29, 2012

rainy day fail

We've been having the most spring-like weather in Kentucky today - tempestuous rain and fast-moving skies and warm air. I love it so much. Rain was something I missed acutely during our life in the Middle East and I'm always so appreciative when we have a rainy day and I can grab an afternoon coffee and curl up for some productive writing. Rainy days are writing days to me.

perfect timing


All day today I've been working away, with the sounds of distant thunder and soft rain and cars passing by on wet roads. So when Jacob came back from some errands today, roses in hand, it just made the day that much better.


What did not make the day that much better was that, when I greeted him at the door, I noticed I had left my sunroof open yesterday. My sweet little car was positively drenched. And, most of my friends know I don't keep a very tidy car, so that meant there were lots of things inside to get drenched too. In addition to seats, floor mats and CDs we had to towel off or toss out receipts, my yoga mat, lots of loose change in brimming-over cupholders and one book. Boo. I was about ready to cry. What a fail. 


At least I had help. And roses. Thanks, babe. How did you know? 

No comments:

Post a Comment