Wednesday, February 29, 2012

lifesavers...

When I started writing this blog, I had in mind trying things that stretched me as well as noting the every day things that are really blessings worth appreciating. It wasn't particularly intended to be a receptacle for product endorsements. That said, did I mention my bathroom ceiling fell in? Oh, I did? Ok, well, I didn't mention that we only have one bathroom...and that Jacob thinks its not a great idea to shower in there until we can get the ceiling repaired and repainted.


Spray or dust, dry shampoo is a must!


So I'll be relying on the kindness of friends to bathe. In the mean time-because hats can't do it all-a product that has been a huge help during this crazy time and that is totally worth a try: dry shampoo.


Rockaholic is one I've used before, and it so easy to use with few slip-ups because it's a spray. Beware, though, it goes quickly. The skinnyskinny is a natural, organic option and smells less chemical. It's also a powder, so be careful. Rockaholic can be found at some drugstores and at various retailers, about $18. Skinnyskinny can be purchased on their web site (http://www.skinnyskinny.com/) and at Anthropologie, about $32.  

5 comments:

  1. girl, get your butt over here and shower.
    and I didn't even know you had this blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just may...and the blog is new! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dry shampoo. I also only wash my hair twice a week. I used to use Pssst...but it smells a funk. I wll try these STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kenra also makes a greak dry shampoo. I use Kenra's root booster spray on my roots the first day when it's clean, then the next day or so if I'm trying to postpone a hair-washing I use the dry shampoo. They run a little less expensive than the other brands and smell wonderful. And for the record I know because I was a hairstylist for over 10 years before switching professions.

    ReplyDelete