Monday, April 2, 2012

hello world

You know those times that you just sink into work and life and business and forget how important it is to reflect on what's going on around you? That's been the last week! It's been amazingly busy with tons of assignments (yay, BG!), March Madness (GO BLUE!), new puppies (not mine) and time with friends (Maddy!). 


So here I find myself, nearly at the end of a Monday and I'm so thankful for how quickly (and productively) it went, and thankful for the time I've had this past week.


BG Lexington not only went to print, but it's out and looking good (and it should be online soon). I especially love the stories on our downtown nightlife, art scene and Keeneland (i can haz preddy dres?), not to mention my couple crush, Les & Aumaine (pictured with Victor). I've also nearly picked up the phone more than once to make a reservation at Sabio, but they don't open until April 12. Perfect timing for a new place in town...




In addition to the work life, there's been lots going on, like Mer getting a new puppy! I was in love at first sight and had to be reminded of my own lovie at home (and that I didn't need to adopt Brady's little sister). One of my other besties and I also made a road trip to visit an old friend who just had her first baby (more on this later!). 


And, of course, I could not neglect to mention hometown heroes, the Kentucky Wildcats! In the Big Blue Nation, it is GO TIME as we are t-minus HOURS until the championship game. C'mon boys, bring it home! 


There are just so many things going on right now, and while not every single moment is great and perfect and wonderful, it is life. It is happening. I am experiencing it. I'm thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. Love your upbeat, positive and fun post! Lexington is a great place to live!

    ReplyDelete