Wednesday, March 21, 2012

comfy chic

Every time the season changes, I get so excited to pull out of storage all my favorite clothes and (when we can afford it) add a few new pieces. Though I'm pretty classic in my style, I've tried out some notable trends. Some good, some bad: I could post a "first day of school" photo in which I proudly sport zebra shorts and a t-shirt featuring a giant white Persian cat face complete with rhinestone-studded blue eyes (whaaaaaatttt? Yes, I am a child of the 80s).

All the experts say that the best way to move from year to year is to invest in some really strong pieces (my favorites are the LBD, blazers, white collared shirts, and trenches) and then pick up trendy pieces season by season (secret-weapon shops = Forever21 or one of our local shops like Bluetique or Calypso or Black Market - shop local, y'all!). 

Some of the things I've picked up recently:
1-Satin Self-Tie Dress
2-Oversized Round Havanas
3-Prepster Belt
4-Polka Dot Top
5-Pleated Skirt
6-Red Canvas Classics


These look to me like afternoons picnics, evening walks, backyard barbecues and music festivals...and that sounds like summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment