Wednesday, March 14, 2012

crazy about...

Cloches. Bell Jars. Call them what you like. They are everywhere lately and they are gorgeous and clean and throwback and French...in the good way. 


I've been wishing for one - to do what with, I'm not sure yet - because they're just so pretty without being too feminine (you married ladies know what a challenge it can be to hang on that balance, right?). 
I picked one up today at a favorite shop, House by JSD. These three boys are so cool and they have the best taste ever. I totally want them to be my friends. Not only do they feature fun, affordable, collectible pieces for your home from furniture to decor, they also do the most beautiful, tailored interior design. And they are single-handledly bringing burlap back. I swear I have never been so enamored of burlap. It figured prominently in my Christmas decorations this year. Did I mention they also do custom wreaths and Christmas decorations? Let's just say this was not helpful to our wintertime budget. More on that later.


But for today, oh, I'm so excited to figure out what to pair it with now that I have it home. My first inclination was one of our French reproduction absinthe saucers, also from House. We'll see, I have a feeling I'll be switching it around a bit, giving each room a little time to be cloche...

No comments:

Post a Comment